Bat Acoustic Monitoring
ReBAT™ Remote Bat Acoustic Technology
ReBAT™ is an integrated acoustic monitoring system for bats. It is more than just a detector. It is a holistic solution for assessing bat activity at wind farms. Pandion’s team of dedicated bat biologists developed ReBAT™ to increase the effectiveness of bat acoustic monitoring at proposed wind facilities and to overcome the limitations of other acoustic detection systems.
- Detectors at multiple heights, including the Rotor Swept Area.
- Remote system management that maximizes uptime and functionality.
- Daily transmission of bat calls offsite that allows near real-time species identification.
Video: Allison Costello describes ReBAT™ >>
Learn more about ReBAT™ in this brochure (PDF) >>
PreBAT TK™ Tower Mounting Kit
In response to the shifting regulatory landscape many wind energy facilities are including bat monitoring infrastructure on met towers as the towers are installed. This allows developers to retain decision-making flexibility and responsiveness at a low cost. With this infrastructure pre-installed the towers can be quickly transitioned for use as acoustic monitoring stations without the expense of lowering the tower.
PreBAT TK™ can be used with all major bat detector brands. It is specifically designed to protect and house bat acoustic monitoring equipment on met towers or other vertical structures.
- Its reliable pulley system is durable and abrasion resistant.
- The receptacle and weatherproof housing are designed to interlock, ensuring stability in detector height and direction.
- It can be installed at any height and easily reaches into the Rotor Swept Zone.
- With its durable aluminum construction it can be used again and again.
This cost competitive, all inclusive kit comes with instructions and telephone support during installation. It is easily installed by tower crews and minimal tools are needed. PreBAT TK™ brochure (PDF) >>